The children's home is located in a small town in northern Bohemia. The orphanage building was originally a villa built in 1910 by the factory owner and patron Mr. Karch. It has served as an orphanage since 1947, when the first children from a nearby orphanage moved into it. Currently, about 40 children live here, which are divided into four family groups. For each family group, there are two carers who take care of the children alternately. Children are encouraged to take part in daily activities that are common in normal families.